Friday 31 May 2013

Hermit

I was out and about yesterday! Actually, I've been out and about a few times, but yesterday's excursion in the town was the longest I have been out for!

I also went to a friend's birthday party last Saturday, but I kind of had to be talked into going by my sister-in-law. Don't be offended, friend of mine, if you're reading this! I'd just become a bit of a hermit. (In fact, sometimes when I'm sat in this particular armchair, I feel like a little bit Rear Window!) It was hermitage on the point of agoraphobia!

I think I'd just got used to being indoors. My shoulders still hurt, so I don't want to be too far from a comfy chair. I feel like public transport would super uncomfortable (not to mention that I don't even know what the bus fare is anymore!) and even if I could drive, I'm not sure I am in a fit state to do so. Oh, and it rains sometimes, and who wants to go out it in the gross weather?

After my friend's party though, I decided that getting out and about was good for me, and if my shoulders started to hurt, well that is what paracetamol is for!

So, my sister and I went into town yesterday. I'll be honest, it was a little overwhelming, and there were times when all I could do was sit and stare at everyone and everything! We took it easy though and I know my limits, so I knew when to call it a day and go home.

It is still a bit frustrating though, because I got very achy and weary yesterday. To the point where I just had to have a little cry and a lie down. I guess that, even though I know my limits, I'm a little bit impatient with myself. I want to do more, but I can't just yet.

I still want to try getting out and about as much as possible. No more hermitage for me! It really wasn't a bad trip to town, either! My financial situation is not as bad as I thought it was (checking your bank balance is always frightening) and I got some new make up!

Now if you'll excuse me, sunshine is calling me!


No comments:

Post a Comment