Sunday 26 May 2013

Weirdly excited

I'm in a good mood this evening! Possibly because the sun is shining and it's been a warm weekend! I've also just realised that this whole radioiodine isolation thing might be so bad after all.

Why? Well, the room I'll be in has a TV in, an en-suite bathroom, a kettle, and a fridge! So, it is like a hotel room, and if there is one I thing I love, it is a hotel room. Mostly I love a hotel room BECAUSE of the fact that there's a kettle in there, and when I'm in my morning stupor, it's just easier when I don't have to walk very far to make a tea.

The fridge I'm excited because it means I can have a load of Innocent juice and vanilla cokes in there. I have to drink a lot in order to pee out all the excess radiation so I might as well drink stuff I like, right? 

There's a DVD player in there, too, but given that I might have to put some stuff away for a while because they might have traces of radiation on them, taking in my favourite DVDs in seems pointless. 

(There's an exercise bike in there, too. Will I get that bored, though?)

So, there we go. I choose to treat this experience as some kind of holiday. In between now and then though, I have to have a boring pre-assessment, MORE blood tests, and a couple of injections. Then I GET TO HAVE A KETTLE IN MY ROOM!
 
Okay, I'm really tired and I haven't really spoken to anyone today which is probably why this got weird...Goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment