Sunday 21 April 2013

Here we go!

Well, the hospital appointment is tomorrow and well, I'm not exactly jumping for joy. I mean, yesterday I was acting like I'd been given two days left to live! I'm taking it a bit at a time though, and I've just got to grow some lady balls and face my fears!

I am so thankful for all the lovely people in my life, though. I have been blown away by the kindness of friends and strangers who have done anything from saying kind things to lending me books, to giving me gifts (like tiny, cardboard versions of actors I fancy).  People are good. They just are.

As I type this, I have not packed. I hate packing. This is like packing for the worst holiday ever! Really all I need are pyjamas, toiletries and ALL THE BOOKS! If I'm honest, I'm partially avoiding packing because then it will feel real, but Monday will get here no matter what I do. Let's just take it a bit at a time.

I will have internet access there (I think) so I'll try to hopefully keep up with this. Maybe not Monday or Tuesday because I'll be semi-conscious and won't be able to concentrate on typing!

See you on the other side of the anaesthetic!


No comments:

Post a Comment