Thursday 18 April 2013

It has been one of those days

Where the slightest thing has annoyed me and spiralled from there. It can only mean that this situation IS getting to me and manifesting itself in different ways.

One of the things really upsetting me about this hospital stay (apart from the obvious), is that I will miss my friend Brandi's wedding reception. I have been looking forward to this for so long! I'm already sad that I will not get to see her or my friends who I haven't seen in so long but today, I had to cancel my train tickets and I  basically have to jump through hoops to do it! I'm struggling to do it online, and when I rang the call centre they wanted me to send the tickets back with a covering letter and a doctor's note. I guess I'm okay with the covering letter but I don't want to send a doctor's note. I understand that there's a procedure and all that but,  I'm just uncomfortable. If I couldn't go because there had been a death in the family and they wanted a death certificate, I'd be uncomfortable with that as well.

It may seem small, but it's getting to me more than it should because I'm on edge about what I'm about to go through. For the most part I'm positive but I'm also scared. I won't be okay till I wake up from the operation! It's just really on my mind, so I don't want extra stress with stupid stuff like trying to get a refund on some train tickets!

I didn't sleep well last night, which never helps. I think once I've had a good night's sleep I will have a fresh perspective on things. That and at least two fun things will happen tomorrow: 1)getting my haircut finally and 2)my friend Julie is bringing me a present! Hopefully it's David Tennant but let's face it, if she acquired David Tennant, she'd keep him for herself!

I did intend for a much happier entry today but, I did not wake up in that kind of mood! I have allowed myself to cry, be upset, rant and now I can move on!




No comments:

Post a Comment