Wednesday 3 September 2014

Just some things

Still haven't heard about my PET results. The nurse was away last week, and when I spoke to her on Monday, she said that the consultant might be away this week. According to my records, though, there's nothing urgent. That's great, but I'd still like to know exactly what is going on so I can get on with my life! I suppose it can't be helped if she's away, though. 

My sugar strike is going okay. However, it is making me quite conscious of how much salt I'm consuming. It's a bit hard to get the balance right. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking things, as usual. I have got to stop doing that!

 Cutting out caffeine is proving difficult. I'm down to one cup of tea a day, but I'm sort of afraid to let go of that one cup! That, and my friend was drinking a Pepsi the other day, and I almost asked for a sip, just because I felt like I could taste it. Slippery slope, though. I probably would have stolen it off her, and drank the whole thing!

I haven't had any grand epiphanies, but I guess I've had a few small ones. Most of them have been about needing to step up and take care of myself. I have pretty rubbish immunity. It's nothing to do with the treatment I had, as radioiodine does not affect the white cell count. That means that there's steps I need to be taking to improve my immunity, which means stocking up on vitamins and such! 

I am feeling quite reflective, as I do when we move into a new season. When I think about this summer, it has sort of been a blur of waiting rooms, scans, and blood tests. That gets me down, till I remember that I still had some good times, including my Italian adventure! Also, compared to last summer there was minimal vomiting, which is always a result! 

Even though I am still fighting fatigue (no idea if that will ever stop being a problem) and even though I still don't know whether or not I'll need to go back into hospital, I'm trying my hardest to not let it stop me doing stuff. There's quite a few things happening over the next few weeks, and I'm hoping I can do as much as possible! 



No comments:

Post a Comment