Wednesday 5 June 2013

well here are again!

Going to the hospital tomorrow! Yet again, it is the night before I still haven't packed! It's mixture of procrastination and avoidance probably. I just hate packing as well. I'm probably about to overpack for the hospital! That's new!

You see, anxiety manifests itself in different ways for me. Instead of being anxious about the actual thing, my brain finds things related to it to be worried about.

There's nothing really to be worried about, though. I can deal with needles now (a bit. I'd flinch if I was watching someone else get an injection) and then it's just swallowing a pill!

Also, when I woke up this morning my shoulders felt a lot less stiff and lot less sore. So much so that I carried and cuddled my niece a LOT earlier! I'll probably be paying for that tomorrow, but I have plenty of time to rest! That, and I just can't resist picking her up and cuddling her! Anyway, now I have more mobility, it's going to make this whole thing a bit easier. Up till now, I've had to be assisted in washing and dressing. It wasn't fun, but it was necessary. Now I'm a bit better so no-one will have to risk becoming radioactive just to help me wash!

It's almost over. Except for follow up appointments but, other than that, all my treatment is nearly done! Soon this will be a story that I tell in social situations, bringing the conversation to a grinding halt and creating an awkward silence!

I will see you again when I am less radioactive!








2 comments:

  1. Good luck Adele! Radioactive Girl, you're like a superhero :D

    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Atomic bomb! Hope it's going ok xx

    ReplyDelete