Thursday 30 January 2014

Pesky medication

Oh, that's a nice wall! I'm going to go hit my head against it! Okay, I'm being dramatic. The thing I'm about to talk about is really not too bad!

I had my weekly blood test yesterday, and today I spoke to a nurse today about my results. The calcium levels are crawling up at a snail's pace. I've probably mentioned this before, but a normal calcium level is 2.2. I am 1.86, which is a mild improvement but still not ideal. I have been feeling a bit under the weather, which may be affecting it. The nurse yesterday told me that eating calcium rich foods may not help very much, but I figured it couldn't hurt either, so yoghurt has been purchased and eaten! I think I'm supposed to be upping my calcichew dosage as well, but I wasn't clear on that so I'll have to check. 

During my conversation with this nurse, I asked her about waiting an hour or so between taking my thyroxine. She said I could take the thyroxine at night before I go to bed instead! On the one hand, it means I cam eat breakfast in the morning now, and I no longer have to plan my morning around thyroxine. On the other hand, if I'm upping the dosage of the calcium-related medication then I really ought to come up with some kind of schedule. I did that for a few months when I first came out of hospital, but it sort of went out the window when the dosages were rising and falling so much. (Shame, really. I was doing so well at being organised!)

So, got a little bit of good news today! Now I am far too excited about being able to eat breakfast as soon as I wake up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment