Tuesday 6 May 2014

The memory jar

So, it is very easy to become a hermit when you're going through something like this. Sometimes the fatigue puts me off taking opportunities. I have needed to find ways to motivate myself. That's where the memory jar comes in!

I had seen on my Facebook that a few people had done this last year, and I felt like I should try it for myself this year. What you do is, you get a jar (preferably an optimistically large one) Then whenever you create a good memory, you write it down and pop the piece of paper in the jar! When it gets to the end of the year, you open the jar and look back on the memories you have made.

It's the perfect motivator, because I forked out for a large jar and now I have to fill it somehow! Obviously I still have to be sensible about which opportunities I take, but this jar helps me think about getting out of the house!

I can't wait to open this jar at the end of the year and reminisce about what I got up to. Maybe by then I will have two or three jars! Till then, I best keep trying to fill this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment